The Central New York STEM Hub, a regional branch of the Empire State STEM Learning Network, strives to design and incubate educational models of excellence empowering all PK-20 students to excel in a rapidly changing world.
The CNY STEM Hub will interconnect business, higher education, community organizations and PK-12 schools to design, develop and demonstrate innovative, sustainable and transferable STEM learning experiences.
The growing list of partners engaged in the work of the CNY STEM Hub currently includes:
CNY STEM Hub Goals
- By 2020, the CNY STEM HUB will exemplify the attributes of a professional metropolitan learning community by creating and sharing knowledge and successful, innovative learning experiences that ignite and strengthen problem solving and critical thinking abilities in K-12 learners for success in our global society.
- By 2020, the CNY STEM HUB will strengthen instructional practices in K-12 STEM HUB classrooms through professional development for teachers and administrators in inquiry and design learning models.
- By 2020, the CNY STEM HUB schools will design and develop trans-disciplinary learning experiences through design and inquiry with real-world context/application.
- By 2020, the CNY STEM HUB will design, develop and incubate STEM literacy educational models that prepare students for college and career through the integration of 21st Century knowledge and skills.
- By 2020, the CNY STEM HUB will systematically document effects of new learning experiences on short term and long term student learning, student motivation, and college and career trajectories and performance, with the intent to regularly publish new findings in the education literature.